The Do‘s & Do Not’s of the Mortgage Process
Helpful hints to keep in mind as you begin the Home Buying Process.
Here are some things you should DO:
- DO stay current on your accounts.
- DO continue to use your credit card as you normally would.
- DO keep a paper trail of any large deposits or transfers.
- DO contact your insurance agent to get home insurance quotes.
- DO contact A.S.A.P. Mortgage if we issued you a pre-qualification letter and it is past 60 days from the date of the letter.
Here are things you should NOT DO, or discuss with your loan officer when applying for a mortgage:
- DO NOT buy a new car or trade-up to a larger lease payment.
- DO NOT apply for any new credit.
- DO NOT close any credit card accounts.
- DO NOT co-sign any new debt.
- DO NOT make any major purchases.
- DO NOT exceed more than 50% of your credit line on credit cards.
- DO NOT make any career changes without contacting your loan officer.