It seems to me that the buzz around town is smart home technology. Below are…
Central Park (NYC): Best time to visit late October through early November
Central Park has a great mix of nature, fall foliage, skyscrapers and tons of passive activities to enjoy in the area and while this is true year round, fall time is exceptionally beautiful here.
Harriman State Park: Best time to visit mid October through early November
Best areas in that park to see during fall:
- The Reeves Brook loop trail.
- The Seven Lakes drive (great for fall foliage views).
- The Lemon Squeezer on the Appalachian Trail (better for experienced hikers).
Bear Mountain State Park: Best time to visit mid October through early November
When fall foliage comes around, it really enhances the beauty of this park.
- Walk around the main lake there.
- Take the main Bear Mountain hike trail to get into the woods of this park and get close to the colors (also there is a great scenic view when you summit).
Catskill Mountains: Best time to visit mid October through the end of October
The Catskill Mountains have some of the best fall foliage views in the entire state. You can either just drive through the area and enjoy the scenery, but you also have plenty of choices for amazing hiking trails that take you through beautiful areas and overlooks.
- Kaaterskill falls trail.
- Boulder Rock trail.
- Sunset Rock trail.
- North South Lake area.
- Any of the waterfalls in the Catskills listed here.
- Taking the 23A scenic drive (one of the best scenic drives in New York).
- Platte Clove road near Plattekill Falls.
- Mountain Top Arboretum (beautiful botanical gardens).
Lake George: Best time to visit mid October through the end of October
Lake George is a very famous spot in general, but for fall foliage, it’s probably at it’s peak for beautiful views.
- Taking a boat ride across the lake and islands there.
- Plenty of hikes available across Lake George for great scenic views of the fall foliage.