The following is a list of mortgage-shopping do’s and don’ts from Irene Amato of A.S.A.P. Mortgage Corp.
• stay current on all credit accounts.
• continue to use your credit card as you normally would.
• contact your home-insurance agent to discuss coverage and receive insurance quotes.
• update your pre-qualification letter if it is past 60 days from the date of the letter.
• keep a paper trail of any large deposits or transfers to accounts you will be using for the purchase of the home.
• shop for any new credit, as inquiries can lower credit ratings.
• close any credit card accounts as this can reduce credit ratings.
• co-sign any new debt.
• make any major purchases without reviewing with your loan originator.
• exceed 50% of your credit line on credit cards.
• credit reports excessively
• buy a new car or trade up to a larger lease payment without speaking with our loan professional.